This is a structured listening and appraising resource to help learners prepare for the WJEC GCSE Music exam paper -MUS3. The resource presents a range of musical extracts in relation to each Area of Study including Music in Wales, Music for Stage and Screen, Music Evolution and Musical Forms and Devices. The resource includes a vocabulary section and appraising tasks similar to those set in the exam.
These units contain areas of study relating to the legacy specification. They have been included as although the areas are different the musical content is similar and they will still be of use to teachers.
The Units are as follows:
- Unit 1 – Style and Tonality Questions
- Unit 2 – Comparing Music Questions
- Unit 3 – Multiple Choice Questions
- Unit 4 - Musical Characteristic Questions
- Unit 5 – Aural Skills
- Unit 6 – Writing about Music
- Unit 6 - Evaluation of a Performance or Composition
You can complete the activities digitally on the computer or by downloading the worksheets.